How long is the training program?
This 200hr Teacher Training program will run from September to December 2017. We begin September 9th and will end December 17th. We meet almost every weekend, with one weekend off a month. Saturdays 8:00am – 5:00pm. Sundays 9:00am – 4:45pm. See below for a list of our training dates.
What will the weekends look like?
We will begin most mornings with a yoga practice and then dive deeper into our curriculum. You will have breaks and a lunch built into your day. We encourage you to bring snacks/lunch, but there are places close by to run out.
When it comes to content, every weekend will be different. We will be studying asana (poses), pranayama (breath work), proper alignment, modifications and adjustments of the basic yoga postures, meditation, mindfulness, anatomy, philosophy, sequencing, practice teaching sessions with feedback, the business of yoga, and more.
Azi, Denyse, & Sheri will be your main instructors, but we will also be bringing in guest presenters as well.
How much does the program cost?
The total cost of the program is $3,000. If you sign up before August 15th, 2017 you get $200 off, for a total of $2,800. We ask for a non-refundable deposit of $500 to reserve your spot, which is then applied to your total cost. We request your total cost be paid up front, but if you need a payment plan let us know. * Payment plan options available.
All payments need to be completed by the end of training.
Tuition includes unlimited yoga at Easy Day Yoga during your training!
What if I need to miss anything?
We know this training is condensed into 12 weekends. We understand that life happens. Though we ask that every student plan to be present for all of the weekends/hours listed. If you must miss any weekend, make up work will be required.
Is the Training Yoga Alliance Certified?
Yes! We are a Yoga Alliance approved 200hr training program. During this training you will learn how to register yourself as a Yoga Alliance certified instructor.
How do I reserve my spot?
To reserve your spot there is a $500 non-refundable deposit. You can pay in full or payment plan options are available. We take cash or check. To sign up, email email@example.com and she will quickly walk you through the payment process for your deposit.
* Payment plan options available. All payments need to be completed by the end of training.
Whom should I contact with questions?
Training Dates and Times:
We will meet Saturday and Sunday from September until December 2017. You will have one weekend off a month and the hours will be as follows: Saturdays 8:00am – 5:00pm. Sundays 9:00am – 4:45pm.
Here are the dates:
9th & 10th
16th & 17th
23rd & 24th
30th & 31st
14th & 15th
21st & 22nd
28th & 29th
4th & 5th
11th & 12th
18th & 19th
2nd & 3rd
9th & 10th
16th & 17thGRADUATION
- Holistic Yoga Flow – The Path of Practice by Travis Eliot & Lauren Eckstrom
- Bhagavad Gita (Stephen Mitchell)
- The Wisdom of Yoga by Stephen Cope
- The Yamas & Niyamas by Deborah Adele
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Moving Into Stillness: Erich Schiffman
- The Heart of Yoga by T.K.V. Desikachar
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Yoga Body by Judith Lasater
- Living Gita and Yoga Sutras by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- Ayurveda and the Mind by Frawley
Why Easy Day Yoga Teacher Training?
- Out of all the teacher training programs… Why Easy Day?
- Easy Day Yoga teacher training is more then just learning to become a RYT-200. It’s more then just learning a handful of postures and a sequence so you can teach a safe and effective class.
- Our teacher training program is a mind, body and soul program/training. The foundation of our training is movement, meditation, mindfulness, and lifestyle/nutrition. Yes, you’ll learn to become a knowledgeable and skilled teacher, but it will go much deeper then that.
- These amazing layers and tools will build upon each other that will give you a solid foundation not only for teaching, but in your own personal lives as well. Tools you can share on and off the mat.
- We have a passionately, skilled group of amazing teachers who can’t wait to share with you what lights them up and the beautiful path of yoga.
- We hope that you join us on this amazing journey and we can’t wait to share space with you.
- Blessings and Namaste.
TT Sheri :
- Sheri is an ERYT-200, RYT-500, and also graduated her 750-yoga therapy program. She is a certified Level Two trainer through Gabby Bernstein and is a die hard Spirit Junkie. Sheri fell in love with yoga over 15 years ago as a way to heal her body from injuries. Being a runner for even longer, her consistent yoga practice allowed her to build strength, flexibility and confidence on and off the mat. Over the years her practice and teachings have shifted. Her passion and specialty is not only teaching yoga, but also meditation and mindfulness. Especially to those dealing with stress, anxiety, depression, and addiction. Helping people create radical shifts and change in their lives through movement, meditation, mindfulness, and lifestyle is what lights her up.
Denyse Peterson :
- Denyse Peterson is one of the first in the nation to receive a Master of Science in Yoga Therapy from Maryland University of Integrative Health and is certified as a Yoga Therapist by The International Association of Yoga Therapists. She is registered with Yoga Alliance as E-RYT 500 and a provider of continuing education (YACEP).
Her certifications include: Relax and Renew Trainer, Reiki Master from the Usui Shiki Ryoho lineage for over 10 years, NASM Personal Trainer, NASM Fitness Nutrition Specialist, ACE Group Fitness Instructor with over 30 years of experience and is currently pursuing her Ayurvedic Coaching certificate.
Denyse is the owner operator of Virginia Yoga Therapy, LLC and also works as an Adjunct Faculty member and Clinic Supervisor in the Yoga Therapy program at Maryland University of Integrative Health. Denyse fully believes in the healing power of yoga for physical, emotional and mental health.
She has experienced relief from fibromyalgia with her practice and witnessed amazing results with her students and clients. She loves sharing her passion of yoga and a healthy lifestyle and is grateful for the opportunity to never stop learning. She enjoys walking her dogs, stand up paddle board and reading.
Marcia Hoffheins :
- Marcia is eternally optimistic that all good things come to good people but you can’t just sit back and wait! She is a ERYT-500 Certified Yoga Instructor, runs the Your Possible Life School of Yoga, and a Holistic Wellness and Life Coach & Mentor. She has two beautiful daughters who rule her world. A husband who she’s madly in love with. And her lifelong dream of helping people is what she does–sharing the practices of Yoga and Holistic Wellness, and helping others see the infinite possibilities that this life has to offer.
Kanta Haran :
- Center, in Lenox, MA. In 2000, she earned her teaching certification through the Integral Yoga Teaching Academy, in Buckingham, VA. She has returned to Satchidananda Ashram several times to serve in the Integral Yoga Academy as Teacher Training Staff, and as the Academy and Teacher Training Administrator. Kanta has studied and practiced many different Yogic styles and traditions, but enjoys teaching and practicing Hatha. In addition to the physical and mental benefits of Yoga, Kanta loves learning about the tradition, philosophy and science behind Yoga and includes these teachings in her classes. As a Yoga Therapist, she focuses on the therapeutic qualities of yoga and enjoys sharing the healing benefits of yoga with clients who have physical, mental, and emotional challenges. With a Master's degree in Counseling and Sport Psychology, She is also a Certified Stress Management Coach, Thai Yoga Massage Therapist, Wellness Coach, and a Level 1 CrossFit Trainer. Kanta is currently enrolled in a 750 hour Massage Therapy Training to be completed June 2017.
Leena Lowe :
- Leena is a yoga instructor, with 500 hours of certified Vinyasa training with Rolf Gates and 30 hours of certified Yin training from Melissa Christensen. While the yoga postures serve as the canvas for her classes, the real lessons taught are in mindfulness and compassion as pathways to healing and happiness. One guiding principle that informs her teaching is summarized by the quote “That which we heal in ourselves, we also heal in the world
Leena discovered yoga in 2009 when her college roommate and yoga instructor visited her and encouraged her to try yoga. After just one private lesson in her basement, Leena knew she had discovered something that was going to help her regain strength and flexibility that she had lost to many years of illness from rheumatoid arthritis. Little did she know then that yoga also was going to provide a pathway for a spiritual journey that continues to lead her to places of unlimited welcome and unconditional grace. After sampling many classes in varying styles of yoga, Leena found her home in the heated power vinyasa studio. It was there that she reconnected with her physical well-being and regained a sense of inner strength and peace.
When she’s not teaching or on her mat, you can find Leena with her husband and twin teenage boys, managing her son’s travel soccer team and leading them through a pre-game stretch, where she also enjoys sharing her passion for yoga with young athletes.”